How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
What is the code minimum size of a dishwasher water supply line?
Wednesday, September 14, 2022
The Florida Plumbing Code (Table 604.5), along with the International Plumbing Code (IPC), specify a minimum 1/2” supply line to a dishwasher. So the 1/4” poly supply line shown above is not acceptable.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to some of our other articles about dishwashers:
• When was GFCI-protection for kitchen dishwasher receptacle outlet first required?
• Can a dishwasher be wired to a kitchen counter small appliance receptacle circuit?
• Can a dishwasher drain hose be connected after the sink trap (to the trap arm)?
• How far away from the sink can I install a dishwasher?
• What is a "high drain loop" or "air gap" in a dishwasher drain hose?
• Does a home inspector check the dishwasher?
• Is a dishwasher a plumbing fixture?
• What is the average life expectancy of a dishwasher?
• Does code require a water shut-off valve for dishwashers?
• What is the code minimum size of a dishwasher water supply line?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.