How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
How do I find the age of a Lennox ductless mini-split heat pump or air conditioner from the serial number.
Sunday, August 21, 2022
The year of manufacture of a Lennox ductless mini-split is at the 12th digit in their long serial number on the data plate. So, be ready to count carefully to locate it. The one shown below was manufactured in 2017.
These units are imported from China and distributed by Lennox in the U.S. They were not available in the 2000s, so the single digit for the year will not be a problem until we head deeper into the 2020’s. Then you will need to check the condition of the outdoor unit, year of certified testing lab approval or industry standard, or year of construction of home or remodeling to verify which decade is correct.
For the age of a regular Lennox split system or package unit, go to How can I tell the age of a Lennox air conditioner or heat pump from the serial number? And for the age of another brand or manufacturer, go to our blog post How do I determine the age of my air conditioner? If you need to determine the size of the unit, go How do I find the size in tons of a DuctlessAire heat pump or air condtioner from the model number? And to figure out what all the other numbers listed on the condenser data plate mean, go to our blog post How do I understand the air conditioner or heat pump condenser label (data plate)?
To determine other key specs of your HVAC system, see one of these other blog posts:
• How can I find out the SEER of my air conditioner?
• How can I tell whether the condenser (outdoor unit) is an air conditioner or heat pump?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
To learn more about heating and air conditioning systems, see these other blog posts:
• My air conditioner won't turn on. What's wrong?
• How can I find out the size of my air conditioner?
• Where is the air filter for my central air conditioner and furnace? I can’t find it?
• Does an old air conditioner use more electricity as it ages?
• How did homes stay cool in Florida before air conditioning?
• What is wrong with an air conditioner when the air flow out of the vents is low?
• Why has the thermostat screen gone blank?
• Why does it take so long to cool a house when an air conditioner has been off for a while?
• Why is my air conditioner not cooling enough?
• What are the most common problems with wall/window air conditioners?
• Will closing doors reduce my heating and cooling costs?
Visit our HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.