How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Laundry Areas
Sunday, March 27, 2022
A laundry area can be just a corner of the garage, inside a closet, or a separate, dedicated room. Older Florida homes often had the laundry on a back porch. But, wherever it’s located, all laundries must be both safe and functional. Here’s answers to some of the questions we get asked about laundry areas:
• Can a laundry sink drain be installed without a trap under it?
• Should I seal the washing machine drain hose to the standpipe?
• Why are rubber washing machine hoses a safety risk?
• Is it alright to disconnect the washing machine drain from the septic tank and divert it to the ground in the yard?
• Why does venting a clothes dryer into a garage, attic, or crawl space cause problems?
• Why is it bad to have a clothes dryer vent near an air conditioning condenser (outdoor unit)?
• What are the code requirements for an outdoor dryer vent cover?
• What is the maximum length for a clothes dryer vent?
• What is the maximum length for a washing machine drain hose?
• Why is there a water hose connected to the back of the clothes dryer?
• What are the most common problems with washing machine installation and maintenance?
• Does a home inspector check the clothes dryer?
• What is the correct height for the washing machine drain standpipe or outlet box?
• Is a laundry area for a washing machine required by code for a single family residence?
• Does a home inspector check the washing machine?
• What is code for dryer vent termination clearance?
• What is code for dryer vents?
• Do home inspectors check the clothes dryer exhaust vent system?
• Can you vent a clothes dryer into the attic?
• Does code require venting a dryer outside?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.