How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Thursday, November 10, 2022
Moisture from Florida’s hot, humid, and wet outdoor environment can cause big problems in a house if not controlled. Here’s links to some of our articles about it. Also see the WATER INTRUSION page listings.
• Why do new homes have more moisture and mold problems than older houses?
• What causes raised white lines of residue on a block wall that are crusty and crumbling?
• What are the common problems when a homeowner converts a garage to conditioned living space, such as a family room?
• What is a water trap at the exterior walls of a house?
• Where are the most common places to find wood rot on a house?
• How much ventilation is required for the under-floor crawl space of a home?
• What causes the surface of old bricks to erode away into sandy powder?
• There's cracks running along the home's concrete tie beam. What's wrong?
• What would cause long horizontal lines of brick mortar to fall out?
• What does freeze damaged brick look like?
• Why is stucco that goes into the ground a problem at a wood frame house?
• What are the signs of stucco wall leaks?
• How is water getting into the outside walls of my home?
• Is Hardie fiber-cement siding waterproof?
• Is mold contagious? Can mold spread to my home if there is a nearby house with mold?
• Should I buy a house with mold?
• What is the right humidity level in a mobile home?
• Who can clean up mold found during a home inspection in Florida?
• How do I look for and find mold in my mobile home?
• Why is there mold around the air conditioning vents?
• What can I do to prevent mold problems in my home?
• How can I prevent mold in my Florida winter home when I'm gone for the summer?
• Should I use bleach to clean up mold?
• Is white mold on wood in a crawl space dangerous?
• Do home inspectors check for mold?
• Should I buy a house that has hurricane flood damage?
• Should I buy a house with hurricane flood damage that has been repaired?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.