How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
What makes stucco bulge out?
Saturday, January 8, 2022
Bulging areas in a stucco wall are caused by water collecting behind the stucco that has drained down to it from an entry point above. It’s important to repair both the bulge and locate the entry opening for repair too. See our article What are the signs of stucco wall leaks? to learn more.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of some of our other blog posts about STUCCO:
• Do stucco walls mean a house is concrete block?
• What causes raised white lines of residue on a block wall that are crusty and crumbling?
• What is the difference between EIFS and stucco?
• What is the average life expectancy of stucco?
• How can I tell if a crack in a stucco wall is a structural problem and what is causing it?
• Is the stucco on a wood frame house allowed to extend down into the ground?
• Does stucco need expansion joints?
• What are common problems with stucco?
Visit our EXTERIOR WALLS & STRUCTURES and TERMITES pages for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.