How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
What is the standard height for a refrigerator receptacle outlet?
Saturday, January 8, 2022
There is no code-mandated or industry standard for the height of a refrigerator wall receptacle outlet. But, because a refrigerator is often between an end wall on one side and base cabinets on the other, a higher wall receptacle makes it easier to reach around and unplug without pulling the refrigerator all the way out. We most often see the refrigerator receptacle placed at the same height as adjacent countertop receptacles.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links some of our other articles about REFRIGERATORS:
• Does a refrigerator water supply line require a shutoff valve behind it?
• Are a range and refrigerator required kitchen appliances for a house to pass FHA inspection?
• How does a home inspector inspect a refrigerator ice maker?
• Does a home inspector check the refrigerator?
• Is a refrigerator required to have its own dedicated circuit?
• Where do I shut off the refrigerator water line?
• What is the average life expectancy of a refrigerator?
• What is the average life expectancy of a compact refrigerator?
• Is a refrigerator receptacle outlet required to be GFCI-protected?
• When was a kitchen refrigerator receptacle outlet first required to be GFCI-protected?
Visit our APPLIANCES and ELECTRICAL page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.