How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Stair Landings
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Stair landings are a transition point between vertical and horizontal motion as you move through a building, and that transition is where stair accidents are most likely to happen. Here’s links to a collection of our articles about them:
• Is a landing always required at the top and bottom of stairs?
• What is the building code requirement for receptacle outlets at stairs and stair landings?
• Can a door swing out over the top of interior stairs without a landing?
• How many stairs before you need a landing?
• What are the minimum dimensions of a stair landing?
• When is safety glass required for windows at stairs and stair landings?
• What is code for the step-down at the landing for an exterior door?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.