How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Air Conditioning Condensers
Monday, August 30, 2021
A condenser is also called the “outside unit” of a split-system air conditioner. Here’s links to a collection of our articles about them:
• Why does an air conditioner condenser unit need to be level?
• How do I understand the air conditioner or heat pump condenser label (data plate)?
• What is causing the outdoor unit (condenser) of my air conditioner to shake?
• How can I tell if an air conditioner uses R-22 or R-410A refrigerant?
• What is the average life expectancy of an air conditioner?
• Can the disconnect box be mounted directly on a heat pump or air conditioning condenser?
• What is the code for minimum height of air conditioner or heat pump condenser mounting pad/slab above ground?
• Can I convert a heat pump or air conditioner from R-22 refrigerant to R-410A, or switch R-410A to R-22?
• How can I tell whether the condenser (outdoor unit) is an air conditioner or heat pump?
• What is the small pipe sticking out of the eaves/soffit under the roof overhang?
• How much clearance is needed around an air conditioner?
• How can I make my Florida air conditioner last longer?
• What is the requirement for a service receptacle outlet for heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HACR) equipment?
• Does an old air conditioner use more electricity as it ages?
• Does the condenser (outdoor unit) SEER rating determine the SEER of an air conditioning system?
• When does the ban on R-22 air conditioning refrigerant take effect?
• Why is it bad to have a clothes dryer vent near an air conditioning condenser (outdoor unit)?
• What is an air conditioning heat recovery system?
• My air conditioner outside unit (condenser) won't start and is making a humming noise. What's wrong?
• The coolant line to the outside unit of my air conditioner is frozen. What's wrong?
• Does the mounting pad have to be replaced to install at new heat pump or air conditioner condenser (outside unit)?
• What is the required clearance for access and working space in front a heat pump or air conditioning condenser (outside unit)?
• What is the difference between a fan coil unit (FCU) and an air handling unit (AHU)?
• What is the best location for a heat pump condenser (outside unit)?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.