How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
How do I determine the age of a Westinghouse furnace?
Thursday, July 15, 2021
The fourth and fifth digits of a Westinghouse furnace serial number are the year of manufacture, and they should follow three digits of letters. So the serial number shown below indicates manufacture in 2009.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
To learn more about heating and air conditioning systems, see these other blog posts:
• What is the minimum slope of a flue connector for a gas furnace or water heater?
• Why is the base of the gas flue at the roof red?
• My air conditioner won't turn on. What's wrong?
• How does a hydronic heating system work?
• Is a furnace allowed in a bedroom, bathroom, or an adjoining closet?
• How can I find out the size of my air conditioner?
• How can I tell whether the condenser (outdoor unit) is an air conditioner or heat pump?
• What does the "AFUE" rating of a furnace mean?
• Can a Type B vent connector be run horizontally?
• Where is the air filter for my central air conditioner and furnace? I can’t find it?
• Which one is better for a home heating system: electric or natural gas?
• Does an old air conditioner use more electricity as it ages?
• How did homes stay cool in Florida before air conditioning?
• What is wrong with an air conditioner when the air flow out of the vents is low?
• Why has the thermostat screen gone blank?
• Why does it take so long to cool a house when an air conditioner has been off for a while?
• Why is my air conditioner not cooling enough?
• What are the most common problems with wall/window air conditioners?
• Will closing doors reduce my heating and cooling costs?
Visit our HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.