How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
What types of documentation/proof of opening protection are acceptable for the Florida wind mitigation form (OIRC-B1-1802)?
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
The following types of documentation are acceptable for proving opening protection for the Florida wind mitigation form (Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (OIR-B1-1802), according to Citizens Insurance:
•• Notice of Acceptance or FL Product Approval documents - These are generally provided by the product manufacturer or installer.
•• Receipts - With product numbers included.
•• Clear photos of window etching or product sticker.
•• Final permit information – Depending on county or city.
To find the required documentation for other categories on the form, click on one of the links below:
•• Year Built
•• Roof Covering
•• Roof-Deck Attachment
•• Roof-To-Wall Connection
•• Roof Geometry
•• Secondary Water Resistance (SWR)
When the home does not qualify for one of the discounts, documentation is not necessary.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about the WIND MITIGATION FORM:
• Who can perform a wind mitigation inspection in Florida?
• How long does it take for a wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection transferable from previous homeowner to new homeowner?
• What is checked during a wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• How can I tell how hurricane resistant a Florida house is before I buy it?
• How long does a wind mitigation inspection remain valid?
• What is a wind mitigation discount?
• Do I get a a discount for partial hurricane shutters in a Wind Mitigation inspection?
• Why did I get no discount for roof-to-wall-attachment in my Wind Mitigation report?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
• What is the discount for Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) on a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• How much does a wind mitigation inspection save on insurance?
• What is the discount for gable end bracing in a Wind Mitigation Inspection (OIR-B1-1802)?
• What is the discount for wall construction type in a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• Does RhinoRoof® underlayment qualify to the Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) discount on a Florida Wind Mitigation (OIR-B1-1802) inspection?
• Can I get the Florida Building Code (FBC) discount on a wind mitigation form even if the permit application was before March 1, 2002?
• What is the difference between the HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone) and the Wind-Borne Debris Region in Florida Building Code?
• If the strap has 2 nails at my roof trusses, what credit do I get on my wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a digital signature acceptable for customers on the Florida Wind Mitigation Form (OIR-B1-1802)?
• Can I get a wind mitigation inspection for a mobile home?
• Can I get a wind mitigation inspection for a modular home?
• Why didn't I get the hip roof discount on my wind mitigation inspection?
• Is it worth it to upgrade my roof tie-down hurricane straps for a better wind mitigation insurance discount?
• Why didn’t I get an insurance discount for my new hurricane-resistant windows on my wind mitigation inspection?
• When did Florida start requiring re-nailing of roof deck sheathing for a roof replacement?
Visit our ROOF AND ATTIC page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.