How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Is a thermal expansion tank required for tankless water heaters?
Wednesday, December 22, 2021
No, the International Residential Code (IRC P2903.4.2) only requires an expansion tank for a “water supply system using storage water heating equipment."
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of more articles about TANKLESS WATER HEATERS:
• Why should a tankless water heater have an isolator/service valve kit installed?
• Does a tankless gas water heater still work with no electricity during a power outage?
• Does a tankless water heater require a pressure relief valve?
• Does a tankless water heater in an attic require a drain pan?
• What is the minimum clearance to doors and windows for an outdoor tankless gas water heater?
• Can you use a light switch for a water heater disconnect?
Visit our WATER HEATERS page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.