How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
What photos are required for a Wind Mitigation report (OIR-B1-1802) in Florida?
Sunday, November 28, 2021
"At least one photograph must accompany this form to validate each attribute marked in questions 3 through 7” is stated near the top of the Florida Wind Mitigation form (OIR-B1-1802).
Question #3 requires a photo that shows both the nail size, plus examples of spacing at two side-by-side trusses.
Question #4 must have a photo that documents what type of fastener secures the rafters or trusses to the wall below and how many nails are used.
Question #5 needs photos of each side of the house to verify the roof shape.
Question #6 requires a photo to verify Secondary Water Resistance (SWR), either by an image of a receipt for the material from the roofer, a photo of it being installed, or a view from the attic of the material.
Question #7 requires photo of sticker on shutters or invoice from installer indicating standard that they meet and approval numbers.
Also see What is checked during a wind mitigation inspection? and How long does a wind mitigation inspection remain valid?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of some of our other blog posts about the WIND MITIGATION FORM:
• Who can perform a wind mitigation inspection in Florida?
• How long does it take for a wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• How can I tell how hurricane resistant a Florida house is before I buy it?
• What is a wind mitigation discount?
• Do I get a a discount for partial hurricane shutters in a Wind Mitigation inspection?
• Why did I get no discount for roof-to-wall-attachment in my Wind Mitigation report?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
• What is the discount for Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) on a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• How much does a wind mitigation inspection save on insurance?
• What is the discount for gable end bracing in a Wind Mitigation Inspection (OIR-B1-1802)?
• What is the discount for wall construction type in a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• Does RhinoRoof® underlayment qualify to the Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) discount on a Florida Wind Mitigation (OIR-B1-1802) inspection?
• Can I get the Florida Building Code (FBC) discount on a wind mitigation form even if the permit application was before March 1, 2002?
• What is the difference between the HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone) and the Wind-Borne Debris Region in Florida Building Code?
• If the strap has 2 nails at my roof trusses, what credit do I get on my wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a digital signature acceptable for customers on the Florida Wind Mitigation Form (OIR-B1-1802)?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.