How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
What is the minimum ceiling height of a kitchen?
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
The minimum ceiling height of a kitchen is 7-feet, per International Residential Code (IRC R305.1).
For the minimum ceiling heights for other areas, click: Basements Bathrooms Bathtubs Bedrooms Hallways Garages Laundry Rooms Showers Tiny Houses Toilet Rooms
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of some of our other blog posts about KITCHENS:
• How does a home inspector inspect a refrigerator ice maker?
• Does a refrigerator water supply line require a shutoff valve behind it?
• Why is it important to use cabinet screws to mount the upper cabinets in the kitchen?
• Is a refrigerator receptacle outlet required to be GFCI-protected?
• Is a refrigerator required to have its own dedicated circuit?
• Is a range hood exhaust fan required in the kitchen?
• Why is an anti-tip device now required behind the range?
• Are a range and refrigerator required kitchen appliances for a house to pass FHA inspection?
• How far away from the sink can I install a dishwasher?
• When was GFCI-protection for kitchen dishwasher receptacle outlet first required?
• Can a dishwasher be wired to a kitchen counter small appliance receptacle circuit?
• Can a dishwasher drain hose be connected after the sink trap (to the trap arm)?
• What is a "high drain loop" or "air gap" in a dishwasher drain hose?
• When were GFCI receptacle outlets first required in the kitchen?
• How far apart should kitchen counter receptacles be spaced?
• How far above a kitchen countertop do electrical outlets have to be?
• Why is garbage disposal not allowed at a combination waste and vent (CW&V) under a sink?
• Why do septic tank contractors want you to get rid of your kitchen disposal?
• What is the average life expectancy of a garbage disposal?
Visit our KITCHENS page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.