How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Will a four point inspection lower my homeowners insurance premium?
Monday, January 4, 2021
“How much will I save on my homeowners insurance if I get a four-point inspection?” is a question we often get asked. But if an insurance company wants a four point inspection as a requirement for coverage, you will not get a discount for passing the inspection. If your house fails the inspection, you won't get offered a policy until necessary repairs have been made—except that in some cases the company may write the policy and give you thirty days to make repairs and provide proof of them.
If you are using an agent that represents multiple companies, however, you may get a price from one company that does not require a four-point and another one the does. Usually the company that wants a four point will cost less for the coverage. So, in that sense, passing a four-point may get you a better price.
Also see our blog posts How often do you need a four point inspection? and What causes a house to fail a four point inspection?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a some of our other blog posts about 4-POINT INSPECTIONS:
• Should I give a copy of the home inspection report to the bank or insurance company?
• How do I get my home ready for a four point inspection for insurance?
• Will a house without air conditioning pass a 4 point inspection?
• How is Citizens Property Insurance different from other Florida homeowners insurance companies?
• Do I need a home inspection to get insurance?
• How long does it take for a four point inspection?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a four point inspection?
• How do I get insurance if my home can't pass a 4-point inspection?
• At what age of the house does an insurance company require a four point inspection to issue or renew homeowners insurance?
• What would cause a home inspector and roofing contractor to disagree on the remaining life left in a roof?
• Can a patched roof pass a 4-point inspection?
• Why are old electrical components not always "grandfathered" as acceptable by home inspectors?
• Do I need to get a four point inspection for insurance for an older condominium?
• Is a four-point inspection mandatory in Florida for insurance?
• How long is a four point inspection valid?
• Is a four point inspection report transferable?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.