How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Does my house need a heating system to pass a four point inspection?
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Yes, a heating system is required and it must be “installed,” which means that a portable room space heater or a window air conditioner with a heating element is not acceptable. Here’s an example below from the Citizens Insurance four point inspection form.
Also, see our blog posts What causes a house to fail a four point inspection? and Is the 4-point insurance inspection strictly pass or fail? and Why does my homeowner's insurance want a four point inspection?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a some of our other blog posts about 4-POINT INSPECTIONS:
• Do I need a home inspection to get insurance?
• How long does it take for a four point inspection?
• Should I give a copy of the home inspection report to the bank or insurance company?
• How do I get my home ready for a four point inspection for insurance?
• Will a house without air conditioning pass a 4 point inspection?
• How is Citizens Property Insurance different from other Florida homeowners insurance companies?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a four point inspection?
• How do I get insurance if my home can't pass a 4-point inspection?
• Is a four point inspection report transferable?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
• At what age of the house does an insurance company require a four point inspection to issue or renew homeowners insurance?
• What would cause a home inspector and roofing contractor to disagree on the remaining life left in a roof?
• Can a patched roof pass a 4-point inspection?
• Why are old electrical components not always "grandfathered" as acceptable by home inspectors?
• Do I need to get a four point inspection for insurance for an older condominium?
• Is a four-point inspection mandatory in Florida for insurance?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.