How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Does RhinoRoof® underlayment qualify to the Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) discount on a Florida Wind Mitigation (OIR-B1-1802) inspection?
Monday, September 28, 2020
Owens Corning’s RhinoRoof® synthetic roofing underlayment is a sturdier and more tear-resistant underlayment than regular asphalt roofing paper, but it is not rated as a Secondary Water Resistant (SWR) membrane for a discount on your wind mitigation inspection report. An SWR is a "self-adhered and self-sealing modified bitumen roofing underlayment" such as Grace Ice and Water Shield or Certainteed WinterGuard.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about the WIND MITIGATION FORM:
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• Who can perform a wind mitigation inspection in Florida?
• How long does it take for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What is checked during a wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• How can I tell how hurricane resistant a Florida house is before I buy it?
• How long does a wind mitigation inspection remain valid?
• What is a wind mitigation discount?
• Do I get a a discount for partial hurricane shutters in a Wind Mitigation inspection?
• Why did I get no discount for roof-to-wall-attachment in my Wind Mitigation report?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
Photo - Owens Corning
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.