How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about SINKS:
• Why is it a problem when a trap under a sink is installed backwards?
• What causes a gurgling sound when a bathtub or sink drains?
• Why is garbage disposal not allowed at a combination waste and vent (CW&V) under a sink?
• Why is there a flexible accordion pipe under the sink?
• What is an "S-Trap" under my sink? Why is it a problem?
• Is a sink required to have a drain stopper?
• Can a laundry sink drain be installed without a trap under it?
• Can a dishwasher drain hose be connected after the sink trap (to the trap arm)?
• How far away from the sink can I install a dishwasher?
• What is the minimum and maximum distance a P-trap can be below a sink?
• What are the code requirements for layout of drain piping under sinks?
• Can I make a trap under the sink from straight pipe and 90º elbows?
• What is a double trap in plumbing?
• What is the average life expectancy of a faucet?
• Is a sink or toilet shut-off valve behind an access panel approved by code?
• Does code require a water shut-off valve at sinks?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.