How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
How can I tell the age of my Allied Air heat pump or air conditioner from the serial number?
Monday, May 18, 2020
We know of two versions of the serial number age coding system for Allied Air. The first one uses the third and fourth number for the year of manufacture, so that 1408C12153 would be 2008. The second system puts the year in the 7th and 8th number (3rd and 4th from the end) of the serial number, so 5123610221 was produced in 2002. And here’s an example from 2018.
To determine the size of a Allied Air system in tons, see our blog post What size in tons is my Allied Air heat pump or air conditioner? For the age of another brand or manufacturer, go to our blog post How do I determine the age of my air conditioner?
And to figure out what all the other numbers listed on the condenser data plate mean, go to our blog post How do I understand the air conditioner or heat pump condenser label (data plate)?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
To learn more about heating and air conditioning systems, see these other blog posts:
• My air conditioner won't turn on. What's wrong?
• How can I find out the size of my air conditioner?
• Where is the air filter for my central air conditioner and furnace? I can’t find it?
• Does an old air conditioner use more electricity as it ages?
• How did homes stay cool in Florida before air conditioning?
• What is wrong with an air conditioner when the air flow out of the vents is low?
• Why has the thermostat screen gone blank?
• Why does it take so long to cool a house when an air conditioner has been off for a while?
• Why is my air conditioner not cooling enough?
• What are the most common problems with wall/window air conditioners?
• Will closing doors reduce my heating and cooling costs?
Visit our HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.