How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Is mobile home skirting really necessary?
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Mobile home skirting is definitely necessary for multiple reasons:
1) Most insurance companies will not insure a home without skirting.
2) Most building departments require skirting as part of a permitted installation.
3) It gives the home a better appearance by covering what would otherwise be an unattractive gap between the home and ground with visible straps and foundation piers.
4) Skirting keeps critters such as raccoons, possums, skunks, and armadillos from taking up residence under your home. Animals nesting under a home often tear at the belly board and pull down insulation.
5) Skirting offers protection from freezing for you plumbing pipes under the home.
6) Skirting reduces heating bills.
Also, see our blog post Does mobile home skirting have to be ventilated?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about MOBILE/MANUFACTURED HOMES:
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.