How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Frequently Asked Questions About Mobile Home Installation
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Both HUD and the State of Florida have installation standards that must be complied with to have a secure, safe mobile home. Here's a collection of our most-often-asked questions about MOBILE HOME INSTALLATION:
• What are the most common defects in mobile/manufactured home foundation piers?
• Why does Florida have mobile/manufactured home installation standards that exceed HUD requirements?
• What are the HUD requirements for site drainage when installing a mobile/manufactured home?
• How often should mobile home tie-downs be checked?
• What is the maximum spacing for mobile/manufactured home tie-downs in Florida?
• What causes a crowned floor in a mobile/manufactured home?
• Is a ground cover vapor barrier (plastic sheet) required under a new mobile/manufactured home?
• What is a "second set" mobile/manufactured home?
• What is a "Florida override" of HUD mobile/manufactured home installation standards?
• Do piers and tie-down anchors have to be approved by the State of Florida for manufactured/mobile home installation in Florida?
• What is a pit set mobile home?
• Can you move an older mobile home in Florida?
• Can you move a Wind Zone 1 mobile home to Wind Zone 2 or 3 in Florida?
• Can I install a mobile home myself?
• What is a Park Model mobile home?
• Does mobile home skirting have to be ventilated?
• What is the definition of a "permanent foundation" for a mobile/manufactured home?
• How many foundation vents are required in the skirting of a mobile/manufactured home?
• How far should trees be kept away from a mobile/manufactured home?
• What are the installation requirements for manufactured/mobile homes in Florida?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.