How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
How often is the Florida Building Code updated?
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
The Florida Building Code (FBC) is revised every three years. The first edition was in 2002, and the most recent one is 2020.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of some of our other blog posts about BUILDING CODES:
• When did the first Florida Building Code (FBC) begin and become effective?
• The home inspector says I have construction defects. How did my home pass inspection by the building department?
• What is the difference between prescriptive and performance building codes?
• Can a local building department choose to not enforce selected parts of the Florida Building Code?
• Is the latest edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC) the standard used for the electrical system of new homes?
• Why is the National Electrical Code (NEC) so hard to understand and complicated?
• What is the purpose of the Existing Building Edition of the Florida Building Code?
• What is the most important sentence to know in the entire National Electrical Code (NEC)?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.