How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Do all mobile homes have HUD tags?
Friday, February 14, 2020
All manufactured homes leave the factory with at least one HUD tag. It’s also called a “red tag,” and the official HUD moniker is “HUD label.” There is one on each section of a double- or triple-wide, each with different but consecutive numbers.
Over the years they may corrode down to unreadable, get sided over in a remodeling, fall off, or just plain disappear. Here’s some links to articles about questions we often get asked about HUD tags:
• What does the HUD tag look like and where do I find it on a mobile home?
• Can I determine the year of a manufactured/mobile home from the HUD tag (red tag)?
• How can I replace a missing HUD tag (HUD Certification Label) for a mobile/manufactured home?
• What is a "HUD label verification letter" for a mobile/manufactured home?
• What is a "HUD data plate/performance certificate" for a mobile/manufactured home?
• Is it illegal to remove the HUD tag (verification label) from a mobile/manufactured home?
• Does a modular home have a HUD tag?
Visit our MOBILE/MANUFACTURED HOMES page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.