How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Is a digital signature acceptable for customers on the Florida Wind Mitigation Form (OIR-B1-1802)?
Saturday, October 24, 2020
A digital (electronic) signature is acceptable for the Florida wind mitigation form (OIR-B1-1802), except when signed by an authorized representative, according to Citizens Property Insurance, which is one of the largest insurors in the state. Other companies are likely to have the same signature policy, but you might want to verify it first.
Also see our blog post How much does a wind mitigation inspection save on insurance?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of some of our other blog posts about the WIND MITIGATION FORM:
• Who can perform a wind mitigation inspection in Florida?
• How long does it take for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What is checked during a wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• How can I tell how hurricane resistant a Florida house is before I buy it?
• How long does a wind mitigation inspection remain valid?
• What is a wind mitigation discount?
• Do I get a a discount for partial hurricane shutters in a Wind Mitigation inspection?
• Why did I get no discount for roof-to-wall-attachment in my Wind Mitigation report?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
• What is the discount for Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) on a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• What is the discount for gable end bracing in a Wind Mitigation Inspection (OIR-B1-1802)?
• What is the discount for wall construction type in a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• Does RhinoRoof® underlayment qualify to the Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) discount on a Florida Wind Mitigation (OIR-B1-1802) inspection?
• Can I get the Florida Building Code (FBC) discount on a wind mitigation form even if the permit application was before March 1, 2002?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.