Modular homes are built in a factory, but to the same building codes and standards as a site-built house, so they are eligible to receive the identical discounts for hurricane-resistant construction details from a wind mitigation inspection (Form OIR-B1-1802) as a site-built house. Unfortunately, mobile manufactured homes are not included in the wind mitigation insurance discount program.
Also, see our blog post How can I tell the difference between a manufactured home and a modular home?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of some of our other blog posts about the WIND MITIGATION FORM:
• Who can perform a wind mitigation inspection in Florida?
• How long does it take for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What is checked during a wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• How can I tell how hurricane resistant a Florida house is before I buy it?
• How long does a wind mitigation inspection remain valid?
• What is a wind mitigation discount?
• Do I get a a discount for partial hurricane shutters in a Wind Mitigation inspection?
• Why did I get no discount for roof-to-wall-attachment in my Wind Mitigation report?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
• What is the discount for Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) on a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• How much does a wind mitigation inspection save on insurance?
• What is the discount for gable end bracing in a Wind Mitigation Inspection (OIR-B1-1802)?
• What is the discount for wall construction type in a Wind Mitigation Inspection Report (OIR-B1-1802)?
• Does RhinoRoof® underlayment qualify to the Secondary Water Resistance (SWR) discount on a Florida Wind Mitigation (OIR-B1-1802) inspection?
• Can I get the Florida Building Code (FBC) discount on a wind mitigation form even if the permit application was before March 1, 2002?
• What is the difference between the HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone) and the Wind-Borne Debris Region in Florida Building Code?
• If the strap has 2 nails at my roof trusses, what credit do I get on my wind mitigation inspection?
• Is a digital signature acceptable for customers on the Florida Wind Mitigation Form (OIR-B1-1802)?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.