How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
How do I tell the age of a Lennox furnace from the serial number?
Saturday, January 11, 2020
The second two numbers of the serial number are the year of manufacture, so the data plate for the Lennox furnace shown below indicates it was produced in 2013.
To determine other key specs of your HVAC system, see one of these other blog posts:
• How do I determine the age of my air conditioner?
• How can I find out the SEER of my air conditioner?
• How can I tell whether the condenser (outdoor unit) is an air conditioner or heat pump?
• How can I find out the size of my air conditioner?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
To learn more about heating and air conditioning systems, see these other blog posts:
• Is the energy efficiency of the furnace part of the SEER rating of a central air conditioning system?
• My air conditioner won't turn on. What's wrong?
• What color should the flame be in a natural gas furnace?
• Where is the air filter for my central air conditioner and furnace? I can’t find it?
• What is the minimum slope of a flue connector for a gas furnace or water heater?
• Does an old air conditioner use more electricity as it ages?
• How did homes stay cool in Florida before air conditioning?
• Is a furnace allowed in a bedroom, bathroom, or an adjoining closet?
• What is wrong with an air conditioner when the air flow out of the vents is low?
• Why has the thermostat screen gone blank?
• Why does it take so long to cool a house when an air conditioner has been off for a while?
• Why is my air conditioner not cooling enough?
• What are the most common problems with wall/window air conditioners?
• Can the return air be in the same room as the gas furnace?
• Will closing doors reduce my heating and cooling costs?
Visit our HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.