How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Frequently Asked Questions About Roof Trusses
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Roof trusses are more cost-efficient than stick-framing with rafters, and also speed up the construction of a home. Here’s links to answers for the questions we get asked most often about them:
• Are roof trusses better than roof rafters (stick framing)?
• Can I remove the interior walls under a roof truss?
• What are the most common problems with wood roof trusses?
• How much of a roof truss can I cut out to make a storage platform in the attic?
• Is it legal to bore holes through roof trusses to install wiring?
• Why is my roof sheathing sagging between the trusses?
• Are wood roof trusses with plywood gusset plates alright for house construction?
• What are the rules for cutting, notching, or boring holes in an engineered wood truss?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.