How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Frequently Asked Questions About Asbestos
Monday, January 6, 2020
Although asbestos was banned by the EPA as a component in construction materials in the last 1970s, plenty of asbestos-containing materials still linger in older homes. Here’s links to answers for the questions we get asked most often about asbestos:
• How can I tell if there is asbestos in a house?
• Why is vermiculite attic insulation a problem for both buyers and sellers of a home?
• Should I buy a house with asbestos siding?
• What is the average life expectancy of asbestos cement siding?
• The house has asbestos siding. What should I do?
• Are old vinyl asbestos tile floors dangerous?
• What is the life expectancy of an asbestos cement shingle roof?
• Does homeowners insurance cover removal of asbestos?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.