How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Do I need to get a four point inspection for insurance for an older condominium?
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Most insurance companies do not require a four-point inspection to get homeowner’s insurance for an older condominium in Florida. But we have recently done several four-points requested by insurers for townhouse-type condos with a roof directly above the unit. An underwriter for one of Florida’s largest insurers, Citizens Insurance, told us at a 2019 seminar for home inspectors that “we don’t require them for condos because there is such a low rate of claims.” But it’s likely that will gradually change over the next few years.
Also, see our blog post Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Four-Point Inspections.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of our other blog posts about INSURANCE:
* Could faulty work or lack of a building permit for home improvements cause an insurance company to deny a claim?
• Why is a fuse box/panel an insurance problem for homebuyers?
• How is Citizens Property Insurance different from other Florida homeowners insurance companies?
• Do I need a home inspection to get insurance?
• Is the 4-point insurance inspection strictly pass or fail?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• Should I give a copy of the home inspection report to the bank or insurance company?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• How do I get my home ready for a four point inspection for insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• Will a house without air conditioning pass a 4 point inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a four point inspection?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Which water pipes are an insurance problem and possibly uninsurable?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a roof inspection?
• Is it common for an insurance company to require an inspection?
• How do I get insurance if my home can't pass a 4-point inspection?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.