How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about FOUNDATIONS:
• What is the average lifespan of a house foundation?
• How do I recognize structural problems in a retaining wall?
• Should I buy a house that has had foundation repair?
• What are the common problems of different types of house foundations?
• What does a home inspector look for in the crawl space under a home?
• What is the code requirement for the height and width of an access opening to the crawl space under a house?
• What is the minimum depth below ground of the foundation of a house, for either monolithic thickened edge slab or stemwall footing?
• How can I tell if cracks in the wall or floor are getting worse or staying the same?
• How can I tell whether my house foundation problems are caused by a sinkhole or expansive clay soil?
• How can I avoid buying a house with clay soil heaving foundation problems?
• Can a well next to a house cause foundation problems?
• How do I look for yard drainage problems when buying a house?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.