How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
CONCRETE AND CONCRETE BLOCK
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about CONCRETE AND CONCRETE BLOCK:
• What causes raised white lines of residue on a block wall that are crusty and crumbling?
• Do stucco walls mean a house is concrete block?
• What causes stair-step cracks in a block or brick wall?
• Why is the concrete window sill cracking?
• What causes a horizontal crack in a block or brick wall?
• What are the pros and cons of concrete block versus wood frame construction?
• What does CBS mean in house construction?
• There's cracks running along the home's concrete tie beam. What's wrong?
• What would cause long horizontal lines of brick mortar to fall out?
• How do I recognize structural problems in a retaining wall?
• Should I be suspicious about a concrete block house covered with siding?
• What is fiber reinforced concrete?
• How can I tell if cracks in the garage floor are a problem or not?
• How do I recognize serious structural problems in a house?
• Why did so many concrete block homes collapse in Mexico Beach during Hurricane Michael?
• How can I tell if the concrete block walls of my house have vertical steel and concrete reinforcement?
• How can I tell if the exterior walls of a house are concrete block (CBS) or wood or brick?
• What is a "slab on grade" house?
• What causes a vertical crack in an exterior concrete block or brick wall?
• Why is there a "WARNING! POST-TENSION SLAB" sticker in my house?
• How can I identify a home as ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) construction?
• How can I tell if cracks in the wall or floor are getting worse or staying the same?
• Why do concrete blocks have holes in them?
• What are those powdery white areas on my concrete block wall?
• Is efflorescence a serious problem?
• What does concrete spalling look like?
• What is the average life expectancy of a concrete driveway?
• What is the average life expectancy of a concete walkway?
• How does concrete spalling cause structural failure if not repaired?
• What is the difference between a control joint and an expansion joint?
• What causes honeycomb in concrete?
• Why does concrete shrink as it sets and hardens?
• Is a vapor barrier required by code under a concrete floor slab?
• What are the common problems with concrete block homes?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.