How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manufactured and modular homes
How long does a pool finish last?
Monday, May 6, 2019
Pool chemistry and maintenance has a big effect on the life of the interior surface finish of a pool, so the average lifespans shown below are stated as a range instead of a single number. And, or course, there will always be a few outliers that fail sooner or last longer than expected.
• Plaster (Marcite) - 9 to 12 years, average 10 years
• Aggregate/Pebble Finish - 12 to 16 years, average 14 years
• Liner - 7 to 10 years, average 8 years
• Fiberglas Gel Finish - 14 to 18 years, average 15 years
Go to our blog post What is the average lifespan of the parts of a house? for rating of other house components.
Also, we recommend Is the deteriorated finish of a concrete pool shell only a cosmetic problem?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of our other blog posts about POOL AND SPA:
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.