The second largest insurance company in Florida, Citizens Insurance, requires a four-point inspection report for homes more than 30 years old. Here’s how it is stated at their website.
Other insurance companies have different standards and State Farm, for example, requires a four-point for just about any age house. Also, see our blog post Is the 4-point insurance inspection strictly pass or fail?
Also, see our blog post Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Four-Point Inspections.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Here’s links to a collection of our other blog posts about INSURANCE:
* Could faulty work or lack of a building permit for home improvements cause an insurance company to deny a claim?
• Why is a fuse box/panel an insurance problem for homebuyers?
• How is Citizens Property Insurance different from other Florida homeowners insurance companies?
• Do I need a home inspection to get insurance?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• Should I give a copy of the home inspection report to the bank or insurance company?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• How do I get my home ready for a four point inspection for insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• Will a house without air conditioning pass a 4 point inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a four point inspection?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Which water pipes are an insurance problem and possibly uninsurable?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a roof inspection?
• Is it common for an insurance company to require an inspection?
• How do I get insurance if my home can't pass a 4-point inspection?
• How does a repaired sink hole under a house affect its market value?
Visit our INSURANCE page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.