How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about CRACKS:
• What causes vertical cracks in fiber cement siding planks?
• What causes raised white lines of residue on a block wall that are crusty and crumbling?
• How long does it take for a new house to settle?
• What causes stair-step cracks in a block or brick wall?
• Why is the concrete window sill cracking?
• What causes a horizontal crack in a block or brick wall?
• How can I tell if a diagonal crack in drywall at the corner of a window or door indicates a structural problem?
• There's cracks running along the home's concrete tie beam. What's wrong?
• What would cause long horizontal lines of brick mortar to fall out?
• How do I recognize structural problems in a retaining wall?
• How do I recognize serious structural problems in a house?
• Why did so many concrete block homes collapse in Mexico Beach during Hurricane Michael?
• What causes cracks in the walls and floors of a house?
• What causes a vertical crack in an exterior concrete block or brick wall?
• What causes a vertical crack in drywall?
• Where are the places to look to find structural cracks in a house?
• What causes drywall cracks in the ceilings and walls of a house?
• How can I tell if a crack in a stucco wall is a structural problem and what is causing it?
• What causes cracks to open along the line between the ceiling and walls?
• Why do home inspectors sometimes recommend "further evaluation by a structural engineer"?
• How do you analyze a wall crack from cause to effect?
• What is causing the cracks in my wall?
• Why is my stucco chimney cracking?
• Can a crack between the wall and ceiling be caused by the house sinking?
• How can I tell if stucco is loose around wall cracks?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.