How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Sunday, November 24, 2019
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about BUILDING CODES:
• When did the first Florida Building Code (FBC) begin and become effective?
• The home inspector says I have construction defects. How did my home pass inspection by the building department?
• Does Florida have strict building codes?
• What is the difference between prescriptive and performance building codes?
• Can a local building department choose to not enforce selected parts of the Florida Building Code?
• Is the latest edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC) the standard used for the electrical system of new homes?
• Why is the National Electrical Code (NEC) so hard to understand and complicated?
• What is the purpose of the Existing Building Edition of the Florida Building Code?
• What is the most important sentence to know in the entire National Electrical Code (NEC)?
• How often does the National Electrical Code (NEC) change?
• Does a home inspector look for code violations?
• What is the difference between the HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone) and the Wind-Borne Debris Region in Florida Building Code?
• Does code require a P-trap in an a/c condensate drain?
• Do I have to bring my house up to code to sell it?
• What is code for the step-down at the landing for an exterior door?
• Where can a return air opening/register NOT be located by code?
• Does code require an exterior electrical receptacle outlet near the front door of a house?
• Is a vapor barrier required by code under a concrete floor slab?
• Does code require a weep screed for stucco over concrete block?
• What is the fireman’s switch emergency disconnect requirement for residential electrical service?
• What is code for relocating an electrical panel?
• Are water heater expansion tanks required by code?
• What is code for termite protection for new homes in Florida?
• How many outdoor receptacle outlets are required by code?
• What are the minimum code requirements for a residential bathroom?
• What are the minimum code requirements for a residential garage?
• What are the minimum code requirements for a residential hallway?
• What are the minimum code requirements for a residential kitchen?
• What are the minimum code requirements for residential stairs?
• What is the code minimum slope for a patio away from the house?
• What is the code minimum slope for a porch floor away from the house?
• Does code require a whole-house surge protector for houses?
• Does code require a ceiling fan to be grounded?
• Does code require a water shut-off valve for dishwashers?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.