How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
How can I tell the age of an EcoTemp air conditioner or furnace from the serial number?
Saturday, June 23, 2018
EcoTemp is manufactured by International Comfort Products and follows their serial number system. The first two numbers after a single letter are the year of manufacture, so the EcoTemp serial number shown below indicates the heat pump condenser was manufactured in 2012. For the age of another brand or manufacturer, go to our blog post How do I determine the age of my air conditioner?
To determine the size of your EcoTemp unit, see our blog post How many tons is my EcoTemp air conditioner or heat pump?
And to figure out what all the other numbers listed on the condenser data plate mean, go to our blog post How do I understand the air conditioner or heat pump condenser label (data plate)?
To find the age of other home components, go to How can I find out the age of a roof? and How do I determine the age of an electrical panel? and How do I determine the age of my water heater? For life expectancies, visit What is the average life expectancy of the components of a house?
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
To learn more about heating and air conditioning systems, see these other blog posts:
• My air conditioner won't turn on. What's wrong?
• Where is the air filter for my central air conditioner and furnace? I can’t find it?
• Does an old air conditioner use more electricity as it ages?
• How did homes stay cool in Florida before air conditioning?
• What is wrong with an air conditioner when the air flow out of the vents is low?
• Why has the thermostat screen gone blank?
• Why does it take so long to cool a house when an air conditioner has been off for a while?
• Why is my air conditioner not cooling enough?
• What are the most common problems with wall/window air conditioners?
• Will closing doors reduce my heating and cooling costs?
Visit our HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING page for other related blog posts on this subject, or go to the INDEX for a complete listing of all our articles.
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.