How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Friday, May 25, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about STAIRS:
• What is the minimum headroom clearance for stairs?
• Is a landing always required at the top and bottom of stairs?
• What is the building code for the minimum height of stair steps (risers)?
• When is a nosing required on a stair tread?
• What is the building code requirement for receptacle outlets at stairs and stair landings?
• Are open stair risers acceptable?
• What is the steepest residential stair allowed?
• Why is a single step dangerous in a house?
• When is a railing required at stairs?
• Do I need stairs at all exit doors from a mobile home?
• The stairs feel too steep. What's the building code?
• What do home inspectors check when inspecting stairs?
• What is the longest stair run allowed?
• What is the lighting requirement for stairs?
• A light is required over a stair after how many steps/risers?
• When is safety glass required for windows at stairs and stair landings?
• What is the difference between a handrail and a guardrail?
• Can a door swing out over the top of interior stairs without a landing?
• What are the building code requirements for a handrail at stairs?
• When are solid risers required on stairs?
• How many exterior steps require a handrail?
• What are the standard treads and risers for a regular stairs in a house?
• How many stairs before you need a landing?
• How many lumens are required at stairs in a home?
• What is code for stair risers?
• Do all stair risers have to be the same height?
• Do all stair treads have to be the same size?
• Is a stair nosing required by code?
• What are the minimum dimensions of a stair landing?
• Do stair tread edges have to be rounded?
• How far should stair nosing stick out?
• Is 45 degrees too steep for a stair?
• When is a handrail required on both sides of stairs?
• What is a grippable handrail?
• How long should a handrail be on stairs?
• Do handrails have to return to the wall?
• What is the average life expectancy of exterior wood stairs?
• What is the average life expectancy of interior stairs or steps?
• What is the average life expectancy of concrete or steel exterior stairs or steps?
• Is a handrail required on both sides of a stair?
• Are open risers alright at outside steps and stairs?
• What are the requirements for a mobile/manufactured home stairs?
• Can an electrical panel be located under stairs?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.