How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Thursday, May 24, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about “SITE":
• Why do so many more sinkholes open up after a hurricane?
• Should I seal the pavers at my patio and driveway or not?
• How much is the ground required to slope away from a house?
• How do I recognize structural problems in a retaining wall?
• What are the warning signs of a sinkhole?
• What is the difference between soil subsidence, heave, creep, and settlement?
• How can homebuyers protect themselves against buying a house over a sinkhole?
• What should I do about a tree with roots running under my house?
• Will the electric company trim branches rubbing against the overhead service lines to my house?
• How can trees damage a house?
• What causes cracks in a driveway?
• What is my chance of buying a Florida home over a sinkhole?
• Are house numbers required by law on the front of a house?
• Which trees are most likely to fall over on your house in a hurricane?
• What is that new termite in Florida that also eats live trees?
• Does a home inspector check fences?
• How far should trees be kept away from a mobile/manufactured home?
• How do I stop water from getting under my mobile home?
• Do home inspectors check retaining walls?
• Does a home inspector check site grading and drainage?
• Does a home inspector inspect trees?
• Does a home inspector check seawalls and docks?
• What is the average life expectancy of wood fencing?
• What is the average life expectancy of mulch?
• What is the average life expectancy of a chain link fence?
• What is the average life expectancy of a concrete driveway?
• What is the average life expctancy of an asphalt driveway?
• What is the average life expectancy of a paver driveway?
• What is the average life expectancy of a paver patio?
• What is the average life expectancy of a gravel driveway or walkway?
• How do I look for yard drainage problems when buying a house?
• How long do timber railroad tie retaining walls last?
• What is batter in a retaining wall?
• How long does a dry-stacked stone retaining wall last?
• Should I buy a house with a retaining wall?
• What are the most common causes of retaining wall failure?
• How close to the property line can I put an air conditioner?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.