How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about “RADON":
• Can a radon test result be wrong?
• What happens to a radon test result if the windows were opened, the test device moved, or there was any other evidence of tampering during the test?
• Where do I find the Florida laws regarding radon?
• Can I test vacant land for radon before building a house?
• Is radon mitigation possible for a condominium?
• Do radon mitigation systems require maintenance?
• What is the average life expectancy of a radon mitigation system?
• Do older houses have higher radon levels than new houses?
• Can the seller tamper with a homebuyer's radon test to change the results?
• How long does it take to get the results of a radon test?
• Will opening the windows reduce the radon level in a house?
• How was it determined that between 15,000 and 22,000 lung cancer deaths each year are caused by radon?
• Can a homebuyer do their own radon test for a real estate transaction with a self-test kit?
• What is the danger of radon in well water?
• What are the symptoms of radon poisoning?
• For how many years does an old radon test result remain valid?
• Should homeowners get a pre-listing radon test before selling their home?
• What are a homebuyer's options when the radon test comes back high (4.0 pico-curies/liter or more)?
• Do granite countertops emit radon?
• How can I tell if a house has a radon mitigation system?
• Can a mobile/manufactured home have a high radon problem?
• Do I need to test for radon when buying a condominium?
• What does a radon mitigation contractor do to lower the radon level in a home?
• How can not testing for radon be an expensive mistake for homebuyers?
• Will the radon test come back sky-high in a house that has been empty and closed-up for months?
• What is radon? Should I be concerned about it?
• Should I buy a house with a high radon level?
• What is the average radon level of indoor and outdoor air in America?
• What is the operating cost of a radon mitigation system?
• Should I buy a house with a radon mitigation system?
• Does the buyer or seller of a home pay for radon mitigation when the radon test comes back high?
• What is the probability of having high radon in a Florida house?
• How quickly do I need to reduce a high radon level in my house?
• Is a radon mitigation fan required to be on a dedicated circuit breaker/fuse in the electric panel?
• Does a home inspector check for radon?
• What are the problems with underground return air ducts?
• What factors can change radon test levels up or down?
• How do I know if a radon mitigation system is working?
• Can I sell a house with a high radon level?
• Does heavy rain change radon levels?
• Does barometric pressure change radon levels?
• Do high winds affect radon levels?
• What radon level is dangerous?
• Do I need a radon test for a house with a radon mitigation system?
• What is a safe level of radon?
• Does a new construction house give false high radon readings?
• Is there more radon near the floor or ceiling of a house?
• Is a radon test required to sell a house?
• Why does radon have to be vented above the roof by a mitigation system?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.