How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
POOL AND SPA
Friday, May 18, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about "POOL AND SPA":
• Does an above-ground pool require a building permit?
• How long does a pool finish last?
• How can I tell if my pool is no longer level?
• Does an above-ground pool have to comply with code requirements for a swimming pool barrier?
• What are the pros and cons of vinyl liner vs fiberglas vs concrete in-ground pools?
• Can a pool with green, cloudy water be inspected?
• Should I refinish-resurface my pool with paint or plaster?
• Why are pool pumps now required to be variable speed?
• What are the clearance requirements for an overhead electric service drop that is directly over or near a swimming pool?
• Is the deteriorated finish of a concrete pool shell only a cosmetic problem?
• When was pool bonding first required by code?
• When was it first required for pool pumps to have GFCI protection?
• How do I determine the age of an AquaCal pool/spa heat pump from the serial number?
• When were receptacle outlets near a pool first required to be GFCI?
• What is the code requirement for ceiling (paddle) fans near or above a swimming pool?
• How can I tell if my pool is leaking?
• What are the pool safety barrier requirements for Florida?
• How many children drown each year in a pool or spa?
• How do I determine the age of a Century pool or spa pump motor from the serial number?
• How do I determine the age of a Hayward pool heater from the serial number?
• Why is my pool ladder rusting?
• How far away does a receptacle outlet have to be from a plug-and-play spa/hot tub per code?
• Can I install a pet/doggy door to a pool screen enclosure/cage area?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.