How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
MOLD, LEAD & OTHER CONTAMINANTS
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about MOLD, LEAD AND OTHER CONTAMINANTS:
• Is mold contagious? Can mold spread to my home if there is a nearby house with mold?
• Should I buy a house with mold?
• Why do new homes have more moisture and mold problems than older houses?
• Can infrared thermal imaging find mold behind a wall?
• What is the right humidity level in a mobile home?
• Who can clean up mold found during a home inspection in Florida?
• How do I look for and find mold in my mobile home?
• Why is there mold around the air conditioning vents?
• What can I do to prevent mold problems in my home?
• Why is there a lead paint disclaimer in my real estate sales contract?
• How can I tell if there is asbestos in a house?
• How can I prevent mold in my Florida winter home when I'm gone for the summer?
• Should I use bleach to clean up mold?
• There's an old fuel oil tank underground in the yard. Is it a problem?
• What are those powdery white areas on my brick walls?
• What should I do if mold is found during a home inspection?
• How can formaldehyde gas in a house be a problem?
• Why is vermiculite attic insulation a problem for both buyers and sellers of a home?
• Should I buy a house with asbestos siding?
• Are old vinyl tile floors dangerous?
• A neighbor told me that the house I want to buy once had a bad mold problem. It was not in the seller's disclosure. What should I do?
• Does a home inspector check for Chinese drywall?
• Is wood-decay fungi found during a termite (WDO) inspection the same as mold?
• Is white mold on wood in a crawl space dangerous?
• Does a home inspector check for lead paint?
• When did they stop using formaldehyde in mobile homes?
• Do all mobile homes have formaldehyde?
• Do home inspectors check for mold?
• Is mold a wood destroying organism?
• Does homeowners insurance cover removal of asbestos?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.