How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Saturday, May 12, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about INSURANCE:
* Could faulty work or lack of a building permit for home improvements cause an insurance company to deny a claim?
• Why is a fuse box/panel an insurance problem for homebuyers?
• How is Citizens Property Insurance different from other Florida homeowners insurance companies?
• Do I need a home inspection to get insurance?
• Is the 4-point insurance inspection strictly pass or fail?
• Is a wind mitigation inspection report (OIR-B1-1802) required for homeowners insurance in Florida?
• Which building permit date is used for the Building Code section of the wind mitigation form?
• What are the different roof deck attachment discount categories for a wind mitigation inspection?
• What determines the year of a house?
• What is the difference between a toe nail, clip, single wrap, and double wrap for the wind mitigation form?
• Should I give a copy of the home inspection report to the bank or insurance company?
• How do I get the hip roof discount for my homeowners windstorm insurance?
• How do I get my home ready for a four point inspection for insurance?
• Can I do my own wind mitigation inspection?
• Will a house without air conditioning pass a 4 point inspection?
• What’s the difference between a gable and hip roof for my insurance?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a four point inspection?
• What is the wind mitigation inspection for homeowner's insurance?
• Which water pipes are an insurance problem and possibly uninsurable?
• Why did I get no discounts or only a small discount from my wind mitigation inspection?
• Why does my homeowner's insurance want a roof inspection?
• Is it common for an insurance company to require an inspection?
• How do I get insurance if my home can't pass a 4-point inspection?
• How does a repaired sink hole under a house affect its market value?
• At what roof age does an insurance company require a roof inspection for a homeowners insurance polcy?
• How much remaining roof life does an insurance company require to issue homeowners insurance?
• At what age of the house does an insurance company require a four point inspection to issue or renew homeowners insurance?
• Does homeowners insurance in Florida include coverage for sinkhole damage?
• What would cause a home inspector and roofing contractor to disagree on the remaining life left in a roof?
• Can a patched roof pass a 4-point inspection?
• Do I need to get a four point inspection for insurance for an older condominium?
• Why is cloth wiring considered dangerous by insurance companies?
• Is a roof inspection mandatory in Florida for insurance?
• Why are Challenger electrical panels not insurable?
• What is an FBC roof covering?
• Can you fail a four point inspection?
• Do I need a termite inspection if the seller has a termite bond?
• What’s the difference between a four-point and wind mitigation inspection?
• Should I fix all the defects listed in a four point inspection report right away or submit it to the insurance company first?
• Does homeowners insurance cover removal of asbestos?
• Can I get insurance with PEX piping?
• Do I need a tie-down inspection to get mobile home insurance in Florida?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.