How To Look At A House
McGarry and Madsen's home inspection blog for buyers of
site-built, mobile/manfuactured and modular homes
Friday, May 11, 2018
Here’s links to a collection of our blog posts about INSULATION:
• What are the common problems with attic insulation?
• Why is vermiculite attic insulation a problem for both buyers and sellers of a home?
• Why is the garage so hot in the summer?
• How can I tell if a house has insulation?
• Why is spray foam used for attic insulation?
• Should I wrap the water heater with an insulation blanket?
• Should I put some more insulation in the attic?
• What does the "R-Value" of home insulation mean?
• Is pipe insulation flammable?
• What is minimum requirement for the insulation of a mobile/manufactured home according to the HUD-code?
• How energy efficient is a mobile home?
• Why is insulation not allowed to touch around a gas flue in the attic even if it’s not flammable?
• Is cellulose insulation flammable?
• What does the U-value of insulation mean?
• Does code require water pipes in the attic to be insulated?
• Does code require water pipes in a crawl space to be insulated?
• What do those numbers on the manufacturer's stickers in new windows mean?
• Does a home inspector check insulation?
• Does the code require a barrier/well around the attic access hatch for blown insulation?
• How long does fiberglass attic insulation last?
• Why are there bald spots of missing insulation in my attic?
of Blog Posts
Top 5 results given instantly.
Click on magnifying glass
for all search results.
Buying a home in North/Central Florida? Check our price for a team inspection by two FL-licensed contractors and inspectors. Over 8,500 inspections completed in 20+ years. In a hurry? We will get it done for you.